I specialise in personal branding and Dark Branding – for women, and for the female audience.
Clients come to me for advice on creating a dark personal brand.
Do you want a dark personal brand?
You need to start at the beginning.
So, let’s break it down.
A personal brand is:
You create an experience for your audience with 3 things, IN THIS ORDER:
- a lead character (your internal Identity)
- a storyline (your external Image)
- a way to interact (your Income Strategy & Source)
A personal brand is not:
A logo, tagline, website, or any other copy or visual device.
(The test: remove those things from your current brand… and see if anything remains.)
A dark brand is:
An experience… that is primal, provocative and powerful.
You can personalise these concepts by asking yourself 3 things:
- What’s my Desire (the primal)? – ie: what do you want to be/do/have?
- What’s my Dissent (the provocative)? – ie: what makes you different?
- What’s my Dynamite (the powerful)? – ie: what’s your one-of-a-kind zone of genius?
A dark brand is not:
A cheap marketing stunt that uses sex, death, fear, depression, hate etc for shock value.
(The test: again – remove those things from your current brand… and see if anything remains.)
The above is a simplified blueprint of a professional process that requires time, courage, honesty and implementation. There are no shortcuts, and it’s not for everyone.
But the rewards are great if you are one of the ones.